Tuesday 16 September 2008

September Rush

Chapter 4: Pre-Uni Preparations

It's been so long since I've posted here but that's because I've been quite busy...to be honest. A lot has happened since July 15th, I can tell you that.

Overall, Germany was great for my German and the people I stayed with were fabulous and the kindest of people, always helpful, I actually felt like a part of the family. Wünderschön!
Also, thank god Mum read my mail because UCAS sent a letter of confirmation of a place. They give you 10 days to reply and I was at my 8th day... Missed going to St Andrews by an inch! Phew!

I came back home to move. The PUP (Pre-Uni Preparations) started here. I had to decide what I didn't need before December 2008 (date of the final move to the new house), and what i might need... I was done after 2 days, it went faster than expected :D

After that I'm going on my dad's boat and i'm worried about Accomodation who still hasn't replied after my hundreds of mails crying for information. But thankfully at the end of the trip, we got to log on and again, they sent a mail of confirmation for Accomodation. AGAIN I nearly missed a chance at having a room. I guess this summer I was pretty lucky.

Then my last holiday spot, a summer house in the south of france with my boyfriend and his family and another friend. Amazing. Great weather... I was told to enjoy it because the weather in St Andrews might be slightly different (like 25°C less, windy)!

And then back home, I'm starting to make lists of what to bring and started packing 3 days ago (I'm still not done!). This is a long process, especially since I'm journeying alone to St Andrews and my father comes 2 days later, and my mother about a month later. This allows me to pack 3 suitcases with stuff I need immediately and others that can wait. My mum is mostly going to bring me everything I will have realized i FORGOT. Which I'm sure will be a lot of things...

Also part of the PUP are the last moments with friends. Awful. I feel like I'm dying. The way every one of those moments nearly make me emotional when they're over. ah life, it's hard sometimes (all the times)! But I'm having a great time here in Belgium nonetheless! I'm actually going to miss it. Yeah Belgium is kinda fun! but I'm sure Scotland is too!

OMG I can't wait to be there, I just simply can not wait!

So other than that, I have a flight at 7am Brussels time, and I'm due to arrive at 10:35am Edinburgh time. Oh and I have a connection flight from London Gatwick. Then I think I'm going to take the shuttle or a bus to go to my new residence. It's like I'm taking a ride to my new life. Woh!

Well, that's it for today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think i'll realy miss u a lot =(