Tuesday 11 November 2008

Buff yourself up, smile, stand still...Click!

Chapter 14:  a rush of blood to the brain.


It's week six boys and girls, I'm half way trough my semester! It went by so fast, I seriously feel like i've only been there 2 weeks. So much happen, and there's a world wide famous sentence that states "time flies when you're having fun". Well well, I guess I can say that I'm having great fun at this amazing university.


To be honest with you, everyday I say to myself, that I couldn't have picked a better university or lifestyle for me. This was the best decision I've made for my life so far. And it will influence it greatly, and positively!


Tuesday, I had my first photo shoot for the calendar. The shot was really hard to take. well no, you just had to put the model where she had to be and press the little black button. What I meant by that is that the surroundings and mise-en-scène, if I dare say, were really un-photogenic! In the end I think the picture turned out quite well.

At about 3 on that same day, I figured since the NHS is being such a sweetheart to my health, I'd return the favor. And so I went and donated a pint of my sweet sweet blood :)

I felt the needle go in, but it was just a split second sting-y feeling, nothing to worry about. At the end of the bloodsucking, if I can say so, they keep you lying down to make sure you don't make sudden movements right after, and then they send you off to drink sodas and cold drinks along with eating cookies. you have to recreate all that blood you just gave away!

I was expecting to feel like fainting or something like that, but nothing. I was pretty impressed at myself. although I felt a bit week for german, but that might not be because of the donation! 


later on, before dinner the two callums wanted to have their shot taken in the Eden Court staircase. the shot was really funny to take and I find it comes out amazingly good/funny. :)

Callum H was so excited about it, he couldn't stop telling everybody he met that they were going to shoot for the naked calendar.


I went to rent some dvds at the library that I would watch during the night until 5am, when the results of the us elections would come out. I watched billy elliot and letters from iwo jima. And then at 501 I looked online, and to my greatest pleasure saw that the world had now turned a new blank fresh page, as Obama had been elected President of the United States. I could now go to sleep in peace.


As a matter of fact, I slept in such a peace that I forgot I had my film tutorial and so, missed it. And that was the stupidest thing I could do, ever. It was probably the most important tutorial, THE thing I shouldn't miss, and I missed it. Now I don't know how I'm supposed to write my 2000 word essay for week 8. Doomed I am, Doomed!


But wednesday wasn't all bad, apart from missing my tutorial, not going to archery and having a semi town-wide blackout that caused me to not have tennis, I had a good day! I finished my Arabic assignment, and I passed an audition for a film. It was pretty funny. I don't care if I'm taken or not, I had my go at the audition, had a nice time, and the film looks really funny so I'm looking forward to watching it.


Thursday I had three extra calendar shots, including in the one of my own roommate.

First one was a shot with the rand piano, the second was in the green room, with only a book to hide the genitalia. The third one was Chrissi behind the kitchen counter right next to our master chef Don. The best part of this shoot was not the actual Chrissi getting naked and Don most probably seeing her so, no. The best part was when Chrissi was dressing up again and Don went "well, I guess I'm going to need a cold shower now". You should've seen the look on Ben and my face, it was amazing. an unforgettable moment.


Friday before lunch I had my very last shoot, it was meant to be in the tv room, but it was just too uninteresting that I took my male model upstairs to the bathroom and I opened the window and had him stare out. I'm quite, very, satisfied of this photo. 


I will end my post here because from friday onwards, it doesn't belong in the same chapter, as it's not the same atmosphere AT ALL.


Cheerio!


xx Lar

No comments: