Tuesday 11 November 2008

Its that time of year, when you can be a nature smoker.

Chapter 13: Brr.


Yes boys and girls, it's becoming quite chilly in St Andrews! It's still pretty nice weather, but since there are no clouds, it's a wee bit cold. Time to get your gloves, mittens, hats and scarves out!


Monday nothing really interesting happened apart from the fact that I'm now an official photographer for the Naked calendar. Exciting!

Also, Arabic is becoming harder and harder as we speak. the plural forms are mostly "irregular", or Broken Plurals like the teacher prefers us to say. We're actually starting to make sentences now... sure it's nothing particular but it's a start!


Tuesday's screening was The Conversation by FF Coppola, very interesting film, quite long but it did indeed help understand all the different sounds there are in a film.


At Wednesday's archery we learned how to "perfectly" hold our bows by making slings, or however they're called, out of shoe laces. Now that's what I call recycling!

Later I had an Arabic study group with Joely, Rachel and Travis. Truth be told, it was actually useful, and fun. So that works out well. :]

Also I forgot, today I had my presentation on Sound. I don't think it was amazing, but at least it's not graded, and OVER. 


Thursday I had a great Polo lesson. We were only three, that means that we had more time on actual horses. I find this is important. Sure it's important to practice on the wooden horse, but on there, the horse doesn't move, and neither does the ball. So you don't really get the challenge polo actually is. You can do great on the wooden horse and be shit on an actual horse, because they don't always position themselves how you want to according to the ball.


Saturday I visited a flat on Howard Place, and I fell in love. with it. It's so beautifully lit by the sun, it's got three sides, so there is A LOT of light in it. It's newly refurbished with 3 rooms, a bathroom and an en-suite shower room. Basically, it's amazing!

The agent was really nice too, that's always a good thing :)

Then I had my eye test, for free, because the NHS covers it. Long live studying in Scotland!

Truth be told, I'm glad I had the good news of not having to pay, because I had the bad news of knowing I went from -.5 to -1.5.

But then I got another GREAT news: I won't have to pay £83 for the glass lens! because I'm under 19 and, yet again, the NHS covers that. NHS <3


As you can tell, I didn't have too much going on this week.


I would like to give kudos to both Oliviers for sending me a letter each. Seeing that I have post lights up my day, it's crazy. It truly is an ego booster, hehe.


Anywhoo, that's it for week 5. only 7 more to go.


night night,


xx Lar


No comments: